Committee name – High level committee
Chairpersons – Arvind Panagariya
Purpose – The Prime Minister’s office has constituted a committee under Arvind Panagariya, Vice-Chairman of the NITI Aayog, to hasten the Mumbai Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail corridor, meant for bullet trains between the two cities. The Panel will interact with the Japanese counterpart for taking the next step in implementation. The cost of the Project will be 98,000 crore rupees, Japan will invest 78,000 crore rupees.
- Committee Name – Inter – Ministerial Committee on prices of essential commodities
Chairpersons - Union consumer Affairs Secretary, Shri Hem Pande.
Purpose – The Union Government has decided to utilise the vast network of post offices across the country of sell subsidised pulses. The decision was taken during the meeting of the inter-ministerial committee on prices of essential commoditie.
- Committee name – Six – member committee to study the ways to improve India’s Haj policy and look into the issue of subsidy to pilgrimage in light of a 2012 Supreme Court order on gradually reducing and abolishing it by 2022.
Chairperson – Afzal Amanullah, former consul General of India in Jaddah.
Purpose – In 2012, the Supreme Court had directed the Union Government to gradually reduce the abolish Haj Subsidy by 2022. It had ordered government to invest the subsidy amount (approximately Rs. 650 crore a year then) on education and social development of the community.
- Committee name –M. Lodha Panel
Chairpersons – Justice R.M. Lodha
Purpose – In 2015 the Supreme Court appointed a panel headed by Justice R.M. Lodha to determine Punishments for those found guilty in 2013’s IPL spot – fixing scandal. The panel was also tasked to propose changes to the BCCI was structured and governed, in order to prevent sporting frauds and conflict of interest among other issues that concerned the court.
- Committee name – National Committee on Trade facilitation
Chairpersons – P.K. Sinha (Cabinet Secretary)
- Purpose – Consequent to India’s ratification of the WTO Agreement on Trade facilitation (TFA) in April 2016, the National committee on Trade facilitation (NCTF) has been constituted the establishment of the committee is part of the mandatory, institutional arrangement of the TFA.
- Committee name – Amitabh Kant committee
chairpersons – Amitabh Kant NITI Aayog CEO.
Purpose – To expedite the process of transforming India into a cashless economy. The panel is tasked with identifying various bottlenecks affecting access of digital payments.
- Committee name – Munialappa committee
Chairpersons – Joint Commissioner in the Department of Animal husbandry, Dairy and fisheries (DADF) Munialappa.
Purpose – to monitor the bird flu situation and help state governments take steps to contain the disease.
- Committee name – The one – Mam Judicial Committee
Chairpersons – Retired chief Justice of Patna high court L Narasimha Reddy.
Purpose- submitted its report to Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. It was tasked to look into the anomalies arising out of implementation of OROP.
- Committee name – The K.S. Valdiya Committee Chairpersons – Professor K.S. Valdiya
Purpose – submitted report to the Union water Resources Ministry in which it concluded that Saraswati River so far considered mythical, existed.
- Committee Name – The advisory committee on Services.
Chairpersons – Educationist Mohandas Pai
Purpose – To gather input on various aspects, including on service providers and corporate liquidation.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
- Committee name -The advisory committee on corporate insolvency and liquidation.
Chairpersons – Uday Kotak, executive vice chairman and managing director of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Purpose – To gather inputs on various aspects, including on service providers and corporate liquidation.
- Committee name – Special committee for interlinking of rivers.
Purpose – Approval of the Union cabinet will help in monitoring of the precious Inter-Linking of River projects to be carried out Under the Union Cabinet has approved to constitution of a ‘Special committee for inter – linking of rivers.’
- Committee name - 13 member committee on promotion of cashless society and digital economy.
Chairpersons – Andra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
Purpose – To promote financial inclusion, transparency and healthy financial ecosystem nationwide. To give about to adoption of digital payments systems by people at grass root levels and small businesses.
- Committee name – Sub – Committee of chief Minister of five states.
Chairpersons – Andhra Pradesh CM. N Chandrababu Naidu.
Purpose – Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley called up Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, Karnataka CM Siddharmiaiah, Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal and Maharashtra CM Devedra Fadnavis to be part of the committee.
- Committee name – High – level inter – ministerial task force to look into all the strategic aspects of Indus water Treaty (IWT) with Pakistan, Chairpersons – Prime Minister’s Principal Secretary Nripendra Mishra.
Purpose – Mandate of Task force is to take all important strategic and policy decisions. Thus, it will be an all – powerful body which will take decisions regarding the treaty.
- Committee name – committee on Digital payments chairpersons – Ratan P. Watal Ex. – finance Secretary
Purpose – Submitted its final report to the Union finance Ministry
It was country and recommend appropriate measures for encouraging Digital payments.
- Committee name – Union Ministry of Law and Justice has constituted a High level committee (HLC) Chairpersons – Justice BN Sri krishna
Purpose – It will look into various factors to accelerate arbitration mechanism and strengthen the arbitration ecosystem in the country. It will also examine specific issues and prepare roadmap required to make “India a robust” centre for international and domestic arbitration.
- Committee name – The fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) committee
Chairpersons – former members of parliament and former Revenue and Expenditure Secretary N.K. Singh
Purpose – The Government appointed a five-member committee in May 2016, to review the fiscal responsibility and Budget Management (FRBM) Act and to examine a changed format including flexible FRBM targets. Submitted its 4 volume report on changes in FRBM Act, 2013 to the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
- Committee name - Committee to Asses availability Utilisation of Mahanadi and its Tributaries.
Chairpersons – member (water planning and projects) of the central water commission (CWC)
Purpose – The Union Ministry of water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation has constituted a ‘Negotiations committee’ to assess availability and utilisation of waters of Mahanadi and its tributaries.
- Committee Name – Nine – members committee to make recommendations for bringing out a comprehensive National Sports Development code across sport disciplines.
Chairpersons –Injeti Srinivas (Farmer Joint Secretary in the sports Ministry).
Purpose – The committee will study the existing sports governance frame work, issues relating to sports governance in the country, recent development related to sports governance.
- Committee Name – Inter – disciplinary standing committee on Cyber security
Chairpersons – An RBI Executive Director, Meena Henchandra.
Purpose – The 11 – members inter – disciplinary committee on cyber security would review the threats inherent in the existing/emerging technology, study adoption of various security standards/protocols, interface with stakeholders, and suggest appropriate policy interventions to strengthen cyber security and resilience.
- Committee name – eight member’s task force committee for preparing action plan for next three Olympic Games 2020, 2024 and 2028.
Chairpersons – The members of Task force: Pulella Gopichand, Abhinav Bindra, Rajesh Kalra, Om Pathak, Viren Rasquinha, S. Baldev Singh, Prof. G.L. Khanna and Sandeep Pradhan.
Purpose – The tenure of the committee will be for three months or till the time it submits its report. The Report will be submitted to sports Ministry. But since the Prime Minister has approved the committee, the final repost will be submitted the PMO.
- Committee name – Working Group on Migration Chairpersons – Partha Mukhopadhay
Purpose – The 18 member working Group was constituted by Union, Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) in 2015.
The Panel in its report stated that the migrant population makes substantial contribution to economic growth and so it is necessary to secure their constitutional rights.
- Committee Name – Sub – Committee of central Advisory Board of Education.
Chairpersons – Telangana’s Deputy Chief Minister and Education Minister Kadiyam Srihari
Purpose – Examine reasons for law participation of girls in educations, including the socioeconomic factors with resultant gender bias and suggest ways to reduce gender disparity to achieve better gender parity index.